Wednesday 29 February 2012

Essex soap opera

The Daily Telegraph reports that "a number of patrons" (think that means punters) walked out of Dvorak's opera Rusalka at the Royal Opera House in protest at it's "vulgar staging" and "scanty costumes". "As long as I kept my eyes shut it was gorgeous," one Jane Tinkler told the Telegraph after walking out. "But the set and costumes owed too much of a debt to The Only Way Is Essex". It was also booed at the end by those who stayed. What snobbery. Opera is basically bird meets bloke with iffy results. If Towie isn't full of operatic passion then what is?

1 comment:

  1. I alwаys spent my half an hour tо rеаd this blog's articles or reviews everyday along with a cup of coffee.

    Also visit my web page :: crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete